Monday, July 31, 2006

My Father's Gay...

Keeping in the same vain as my previous post entitled "Not That There's Anything Wrong With That," I will add to my weekly life update with yet another Jordon-getting-hit-on-by-a-gay-guy post. Let me give you a little background first:

Friday afternoon I make a journey to the Stamford mall, which by the way is the worst designed mall I have ever been to in my life. Go there and you will see. Anyway, I needed some new shirts to wear to the bars so I ventured into Guess. You have to be careful shopping there though because some of that stuff is way too homosexual and guido-y (i just invented that word). I have a few shirts from Guess. My ex always said I looked good in them and she was a girl. I figure a t-shirt with a cool design on it is simple, cool, and not gay. I guess I was wrong.

Friday night. I am supposed to meet this girl that goes to my gym. Score one for team Jordon. As I am going into the bar the bouncer asks me if I had already been inside tonight. I am a little confused because I just got there. He tells me that someone has a really similar shirt on. Uh oh. What is more embarassing than wearing the same shirt as someone at a bar? Well I will tell you.

Right when I get in start looking for "same-shirt-guy" and completely forget that I am supposed to be meeting a girl there. I spot the guy almost immediately and wouldn't you know it was the exact same shirt - color and all. Anyway, I find the girl I was supposed to meet and she begins introducing me to her friends. Wouldn't you know that "same-shirt-guy" is one of her friends? We both start laughing and then she tells me, "Oh don't worry, he's gay." Don't worry? Not the right thing to say at that moment.

The night continues, everyone is having a good time, and then "same-shirt-guy's" boyfriend comes up to me and says, "What size is that?" "Uh, it's a large," I respond, looking a little puzzled at his inquiry. "Because you fill it out much better than my boyfriend," he answers.

So once again I am left questioning whether to take that as a compliment or a clue that maybe I should switch teams. Not really mom, don't worry. It's just to keep in the Seinfeld vain. I took it as a compliment. Not only does that mean I have good fashion sense but all of my hours at the gym are paying off. Girls may not notice but at least someone does.

And in the words of Kenny Bania:

"I start out with curls. That's good for the bicep."

"That's fantastic."

"You work out with weights?"

"No I don't."

"You should."

"Why?"

I don't know...I just don't know. Maybe I will find the answer in a future post. Have a happy August!!!

No comments:

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com