Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pull Over!

Ok, I will preface this entry by saying that this isn't my idea but is definately worthy of a post on my blog. I mean, I could have tried to pass this off as my idea and no one would have known but I am a man of morals. And for any of you who know me, know that that last sentence is bullshit. Anyway, on to the post.

Everyone has tried to come up with tricks to "add" a passenger so they can drive in the carpool lane on the freeway: a mannequin, a kick boxing dummy, a balloon with a face drawn on it. I've even heard of some people trying to claim their dog counts as a passenger. Well these are nothing compared to what I just read. Some pregnant woman was given a ticket for driving alone in the carpool lane but claimed her unborn baby counted as a passenger. She lost in court but that really opens Pandora's box on when does a fetus become a passenger! Another good one is whether or not a hearse on its way to bury someone can drive in the carpool lane with the corpse in the back.

And for any of you who have seen the Saturday Night Live skit with Christopher Walken and the census could argue that a pet cougar counts as a person.

Personally, I think anyone clever enough to come up with such novel methods of beating the system deserves the benefit of the doubt. Your thoughts?

No comments:

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com