Thursday, March 30, 2006

What's The Worst Part About Eating Vegetables?

I was at the supermarket the other day. Speaking of which, at what size does a market become a supermarket? Anyway, I was in the produce section buying some fruits and vegetables. Now we all know that you are supposed to squeeze, smell, rub, or whatever it is you do, each piece before you buy it. Long story short, it wasn't a good day to be a vegetable at the Super Stop n' Shop, particularly the peppers. Each one i picked up was worse than the next.

After a few minutes of going through every last green, yellow, red, and orange pepper I decided on two that were worthy of entering my mouth. As I continued my shopping journey past the canned meat, lasagna noodles, and some wierd asian thing in a can I would never eat I started thinking about my two peppers. They made me think: If every pepper except these two were subpar, then does someone else think they are ok? I can't imagine that anyone would take the yellow pepper with the big brown mark on the side.

So what I am really wondering is whether or not the bad peppers ever get to go home with someone or do they just get tossed in the trash? Do they go to the homeless shelter with the muffin stumps, stale bagels, and stale donuts? And to think, I used to work at a supermarket... Actually I just spent that summer in the huge walk-in freezer keeping cool and eating ice cream.

Answer: The Wheelchairs.

No comments:

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com