Friday, April 28, 2006

Macaroni and Sleaze

Well this is my first post after my big 26th birthday last week. Not to worry, the quality will not decrease because of my advanced age and the resulting depression. As a quick side note, my mom apprised me that I turned 26 on the 26th. How cool is that? Think about it, there is only one day in your life when this can occur. Amazing. Very blog-worthy. Keep that in mind when your day comes. If your day has already passed, then I am terribly sorry. Not really, but you know what I mean. Anyway, on to today's post...

My job as an ocean engineer has allowed me to travel all up and down the eastern seaboard. Last week was no different as I took a trip to Boston, MA for a seminar dealing with a structural engineering computer program. It was very boring but I got a free trip out of it so who's complaining? I had dinner with the lovely Ms. Lauren Tharaud followed by riding the T out to Boston College to roam the dorms with my brother's super awesome friend and girlfriend as the creepy old guy.

While perusing the dinner menu I came across macaroni and cheese. I think it was filled with bits of bacon, peppers, and other goodies in an attempt to make this dish sound appetizing. That's when I realized that I have never met a macaroni and cheese dish at a restaurant that is better than Kraft macaroni and cheese out of the box. Has anyone else ever noticed the same thing? These restaurants try and make it all gourment but don't realize that it's the simple Kraft product that is by far superior. If you have ever had a macaroni and cheese at a restaurant better please let me know so I can go test my hypothesis.

P.S. Stouffers macaroni and cheese is very good also.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a place in Tribeca that serves Mac and Cheese. It is suppose to be 'Best in Town'. I don't know about that, but cannot say because I never had it.

You may think you are pretty special with turning 26 on the 26th of April, but can you say you turned 10 on October the 10th (10th month of the year). Booyah!

Happy Birthday by the way. Hope you got drunk and laid by a busomy girl.

-Zeb

Anonymous said...

that's right, I am super awesome

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com