Sunday, June 25, 2006

Rubber Chickens + Slime = Lawsuit?

First of all, I would like to appologize for the large gaps between my recent posts. Apparently, I am finally busy at work everyday. Even worse, I am out of the office four days a week walking around New York City gathering GPS data. It's not that bad I guess. I get a nice farmers tan since I can't walk around without my shirt on. It was actually pretty exciting last week because we almost got arrested for taking pictures of the Whitestone Bridge. It was awesome. Good thing I wasn't carrying my company issued machete. Anyway, since it is Sunday and I should be doing plenty of things other than write blog posts I will make this one short and sweet.

I was lying on the couch this afternoon (because it's raining outside for a change, damn northeast weather) flipping through the channels on the old idiot box and came across an old favorite: Double Dare. That Mark Summers really used that show as a launching pad for his career. In case you didn't know he now has a show on Food Network where he reviews all of the unhealthy food that makes America great...and obese.

Anyway, after watching the two families duke it out in the question part of the show (my favorite part by the way) the idiots couldn't answer the easy question and had to resort to the physical challenge. Interesting how the physical challenges actually were really hard most of the time. As the dad tried to catapault rubber chickens into the bucket strapped to the daughter's head while the tank of slime dripped out all over the floor I noticed something that I hadn't thought about in probably ten years (the last time I watched Double Dare). How come the floor was so damn slippery? Did you ever notice that even before the physical challenge started people were sliding all over the place. Did Nickelodeon want a lawsuit? Was this an evil ploy by Mark Summers to slip, fall, hurt his back, and get out of his contract before his career totally went down the drain? I guess we will never know...

No comments:

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com