Thursday, June 01, 2006

You Try To Do Something Nice...

Quick story. I was in New York yesterday for work. Of course, I was swimming in raw sewage but that's another story. Anyway, it was pretty hot. Making bucks, getting exercise, working outside. Fuckin' A. To combat the heat I started drinking my Aquafina. Personally, I prefer tap water to bottled water but people think that is weird so I won't go into it any further. Anyway, I finish the bottle and proceed to toss it in the nearest trash can. Upon my arrival I notice a homeless woman digging through the trash looking for emtpy bottles and cans to recycle. Being the nice person that I am, I decide to hand the bottle to the woman instead of throwing in the trash can right in front of her face. I politely offer her the bottle and what is her response? She takes it and without even looking at me just tosses it right in the trash can. Think about it, she pulled a total 180 on me. Instead of me throwing it away right in front of her face, she throws it away right in front of my face. Unbelievable. That's the last (and first) time I do anything nice for a homeless person.

No comments:

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com