Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Favorite Day


A little history lesson for you with tomorrow being my half-birthday and all. That's right, tomorrow morning at 6:30 I will officially be 26.5 years old. You can send your e-cards to jordon@comcast.net. Did you know that a half-birthday is one of many unbirthdays, to use Lewis Carroll's term from Through the Looking Glass for any day that is not a person's real birthday?

Quick funny story. When I was in 8th grade my friend Mike would bring in doughnuts whenever he could convince his teachers to let him. Pretty much every class would end with, "Can we have a party tomorrow?" Now that I look back on school, I realize that the teachers just didn't have enough material to teach everyday so they would just let the kids have parties or watch movies that were totally disparate from what we were supposed to be learning.

So I was sitting in English class one day and Mike came by to drop off his baseball uniform. Of course, he had doughnuts with him and tossed one to me across the entire room. The teacher asked him why he had doughnuts and he said it was his half-birthday. Mr. Lower did not like this wise ass answer one bit. But it gets better. One week later Mike stopped by with more doughnuts. Mr. Lower asked him, "Mike, what are you doing here again?" "It's the one week anniversary of my half-birthday."

So you see folks, no matter what the day, there's always reason to celebrate. I'll be expecting another e-card 7 days from now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved it. Who is that little kid?

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com