Monday, October 30, 2006

Got Milk?


I was about to write my blog post for this week and my roommate Tom just dropped his cell phone in his bowl of cereal. I wonder if the warranty covers that one? I would go with no.

Also, I have been so busy running around for work that I haven't had a chance to really apply my full creative strengths towards the blog. And now I find out that I will be in Maine all week for work. But hey, I will be sitting in my hotel room all night by myself so there will be plenty of time to get my creative juices flowing. Of course it will probably end up being like Misery and my car will slide off some road and some woman who secretly reads my blog will keep me hostage in her living room all winter.

Anyway, a few weeks ago you may remember that I wrote a post about whether or not blind people cleanup the poop their guide dogs make. Well I have the answer for you. My dad's friend Bob has a blind wife named Kim to whom he posed the question and he passed it along to his wife who happily answered. So here we go:

Yes. Blind people do try to pick up after their dogs. "It" will be found right behind the dog's butt. They usually know when he is dumping, because most dogs do a doodle dance prior to taking a dump. This is where they circle around a few times. Also, they know when he is peeing, because you can hear that. If not peeing, must be a dump.
I would think a problem might arise when the dog is a "walker". Anyone familiar with dogs, knows that some dogs tend to move, or walk, while they are dumping. There may also be an issue if the dog pees and dump at the same time. Hearing the pee, they may be unaware that the dog dumped.
Kim got Oliver [guide dog] from -
This is a smaller organization which does training at the persons home rather then at some institution. This makes more sense since they are being trained where the dog will be used. I give them money every year. They are a small org, with very low overhead.
So there you go. I kind of feel mad that someone was really able to answer one of my deep thoughts.

No comments:

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com