Friday, May 26, 2006

The City That Never Speeds?

Well for all of my fellow northeasterners, you can finally smile as I think summer has finally arrived. Kind of funny don't you think? I mean, everyone was so happy that winter was so mild; too bad it lasted until the end of May! Good old global warming, it's fantastic!

Anyway, being that it is finally nice outside, my buddy Tom and I took a trip down to the big city (New York) this past weekend. Hey. I'm in New York. I've got a gun. Let's go to a Broadway show. (anyone get that one?) After checking out some outdoor market/reggae block party down in Soho, seeing Drew Barrymore, and having some delicious Asian-fusion food, we hopped in a cab back to Grand Central for the ride home. As we were cruising around in the cab I noticed something interesting, as usual. Everyone in New York City is either a terrible driver or a very good driver. But the most interesting thing is that there are no speed limit signs anywhere to be seen. Isn't this weird? It's like we're looking down on Wayne's basement, only that's not Wayne's basement. (anyone get that one?)

Is the lack of speed limit signs becuase no one would follow them anyway or did they forget? Hey, I thought it was interesting.

No comments:

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com