Friday, February 24, 2006

Please don't kill me...

If you have turned on the news at all in recent weeks, then you have undoubtedly seen something about the Danish cartoon depicting Muhammed and the related violence. The Quran, Islam's holiest book, condemns idolatry, but has no direct condemnations of pictorial art. Direct prohibitions of pictorial art, or any depiction of sacred figures, are found in certain hadiths, or recorded oral traditions.

Well if these Muslims are so devout in their beliefs that they would kill someone over a cartoon, then aren't they being very hypocritical? I mean, how do they even know what Muhammed looks like if it is blashpemous to even create or look at depictions of Muhammed? Maybe the cartoons are just of some Arab guy. Or maybe they are of me when I have my thick beard. Or maybe one of the guys from ZZ Top. Viva Las Vegas!

No comments:

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com