Friday, July 13, 2007

I Got The Clap


Can you believe that it has been exactly a month since my last post? That's what happens when your job requires you to actually do work. Go figure. Also, last week was spent on a much needed vacation to Mexico with the family. See picture above. And yes, my family is awesome.

Vacation was filled with tons of fun activities. We swam with whale sharks, the largest fish in the sea. They were about 30 feet long and couldn't care less that people were swimming within inches of them. And no, I wasn't scared. We went to an island where the only form of transportation was the golf cart. I think if the USA adopted a golf cart only transportation infrastructure there might be some problems with commute times. Might make working from home more appealing.

Hmm...what else did we do? My brother and I did a little ocean kayaking complete with wiping out on the reef and me cutting my hand. After this incident we tied the kayak around the reef and did a little body surfing. You wouldn't believe how fast you can go when you wear SCUBA fins. And no, my bloody hand did not attract any sharks, although that would have been awesome. We did some SCUBA diving in a cavern in the middle of the jungle complete with stalagmites and stalactites.

Anyway, I noticed something on my way home that really bothered me. Why do people clap when a plane lands successfully? I mean really. Do these people clap when they drive to the supermarket and don't crash? I find the whole thing ridiculous. These are the same people who probably take their time putting their items in the overhead while countless people wait behind them waiting to get to their seat.

This is why I don't take any carry-on items. Just my book and my ticket. I also wait until they say, "Last boarding call for flight 123 to Paradise." This way I can get up, walk right to my seat and sit down. I'm gonna be sitting in that airplane seat for the next few hours, why rush to sit down? Maybe it's for that thin blanket...I don't know.

No comments:

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com