Tuesday, May 08, 2007

If a Log Falls in the Toilet...

We have all heard the old cliche: If a tree falls in the woods and no one around to hear it, does it make a sound? Of course, the technical answer is yes (unless the tree is in a vacuum) but the philosophical answer is maybe. So I flushed the toilet this morning before my shower and in my half-asleep state I somehow remembered that the shower would be hot as a result. So instead of jumping right in the shower I decided to brush my teeth first and then jump in. Much to my chagrin, the shower was still scalding hot. It was very upsetting.

Anyway, as I was standing there, I thought of a very good Deep Thought. When you flush the toilet, the shower gets really hot. That would lead you to believe that the toilet must use all of the cold water to fill the bowl. But how do you know? Have you ever stuck your hand in the toilet bowl after flushing it? I sure haven't. I guess the easy answer would be to ask a plumber but I feel better letting this philosophical question remain unanswered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

scalding hot, not scolding. was your shower reprimanding you?

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com