Wednesday, February 28, 2007

You're the Next Contestant on The Idiot Show

Real quick one today because, as I've said before, Americans are stupid and I don't want to make your brains hurt. I was sitting in my hotel room in Danvers, MA a couple nights ago and heard on TV that there is a new show called Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? WOW!!! Look what we have come to as a society. The host, Jeff Foxworthy, asks the prototypical American mom some simple question about grammar and she gets it wrong and everyone laughs. I really don't think this is funny. I think if you get any of the questions wrong on that show then you should be fined or put away or something. Totally unacceptable.

Further, that show Deal or No Deal...are you kidding me? It's one of the most popular shows on TV right now. Even the easiest of game shows require some skill: Wheel of Fortune, Family Fued; even Press Your Luck required answering some questions. Deal or No Deal is basically Russian Roulette. Actually it's just pick a number; no skill whatsoever is required.

Think about it America, one of the hardest game shows was Win Ben Stein's Money. The winner of that game only got $5,000 while the winner of Deal or No Deal can win millions. There is something really wrong here. Basically I am still bitter for not getting chosen to be on Jeopardy! but that's another story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so did you watch the show or not? I didn't and won't.

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com