Friday, September 22, 2006

Royale With Cheese


Well the week is winding down and tomorrow is the autumnal equinox, also known as the official end of summer. I can definately feel a crispness in the air as falltime (see previous post) marches in. Makes me think of palying in the leaves, football, and Halloween. I figured before the weekend comes I would put a quick post up just in case you were staring at the clock on Friday afternoon and waiting for 5 o'clock.

I'm sure you have fond memories of going to McDonald's as a kid and knocking off a 20 piece McNuggets like it was nothing. I sure do. Long gone are those days. I also remember being amazed that the marquee outside of the McDonald's had the number of hamburgers sold. Who was counting these? Was there one guy who had this job? For years the one near my house would count up until eventually it simply read "billions and billions served." Did the hamburger counter guy get fired or did he die? This kind of made me sad because as a little, dorky engineer-to-be, I wanted to know the exact number. To this day, those McDonald's marquees either read "billions and billions served" or "over 99 billion served." A true travesty.

Anyway, you would think in this day and age, with all the technology available, that McDonald's could install an electronic marquee with a real-time counter on it. This wouldn't be too hard. It would just get the number from the central McComputer (although McPuter is way cuter sounding) and post it on the screen. This would make me happy and I'm sure it would make those millions of fat, overweight, super sized Americans happy too.

So have a good weekend, it's the first of autumntime! (see previous post)

No comments:

Where My Readers Are...

Visit http://www.ipligence.com